Get the Dose That’s Right for You
Your healthcare provider will help you find the dose of AURYXIA that works best to help you knock down your iron deficiency anemia. Always take AURYXIA with meals and exactly as your healthcare provider has prescribed.
Here’s What You
Need to Know:
- Starting dose: 1 tablet 3 times a day
- Maximum dose: 12 tablets a day
- Take AURYXIA with meals
- AURYXIA should only be swallowed, not chewed or crushed, because it may cause discoloration of your mouth and teeth
Taking AURYXIA with
- Doxycycline: Take at least 1 hour before AURYXIA
- Ciprofloxacin: Take at least 2 hours before or after AURYXIA
You may notice
- Dark stools, which are considered normal with oral medications containing iron
- Diarrhea, which patients reported disrupted their normal daily activities very little to not at all in most cases during the clinical trials
- Constipation, nausea, abdominal pain, and high levels of potassium in the blood (hyperkalemia)
If You Miss a
Dose of AURYXIA,
Take the Next
Dose With a Meal,
Your Healthcare Provider
Most Common Side Effects of AURYXIA
For the treatment of iron deficiency anemia in adult patients with CKD not on dialysis, the most common side effects of AURYXIA are:
- Dark stools*
- Abdominal pain
- High levels of potassium in the blood (hyperkalemia)
For more information, ask your healthcare provider or pharmacist. Tell your healthcare provider if you have any side effect that bothers you or that does not go away.
*Note that dark stools are considered normal with oral medications containing iron.
Call your healthcare provider for medical advice about side effects.
You may report suspected side effects to Akebia Therapeutics, Inc. at 1-844-445-3799 or the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 or www.fda.gov/medwatch
How to Store AURYXIA
- Keep AURYXIA out of the reach of children
- Store AURYXIA between 68° to 77°F (20° to 25°C)
- Keep AURYXIA tablets dry